National Center for Appropriate Technology Social Media Community Policy
The National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) engages clients through many digital outlets. Communicating with NCAT through its social media channels further enables clients to connect with NCAT in a direct and meaningful way.
When engaging with NCAT through social media, you agree to the following:
NCAT shares information, images, links, and video with the public through external social media sites. Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by NCAT, a comment may be deleted if it violates the policy described here:
- Comments should be related to the posted topic for NCAT’s social media page or post.
- You are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS) of the host site. Information (photos, videos, etc.) you share with or post to official NCAT pages is subject to the TOS of the host site and may be used by the owners of the host site for their own purposes. For more information, consult the host website’s TOS.
- The use of obscene, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status are prohibited.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others are prohibited.
Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official NCAT site that allows users to post content, if the content meets the standards articulated in this Customer Use Policy and pertains to the subject of the social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be deleted.
This social media use policy may be modified at any time.