Put your education and experience to work! The National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) is seeking a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future clients. That passion comes through as he/she engages with clients and staff. The Outreach Specialist will identify new clients, coordinate and manage the promotion of goods and services produced by NCAT. The successful applicant will demonstrate competency in all areas of outreach and the promotion of technical services and educational materials. Special emphasis will be placed on internet promotion through social media.
NCAT is a national, private non-profit organization whose work includes nationally recognized projects in food, agriculture, and energy. The position will be located at NCAT’s Headquarters Office in Butte, Montana.
This is an excellent opportunity for the candidate who has a combination of education and experience in community outreach, marketing, and promotion. Because the position will promote NCAT’s agricultural materials and services, a knowledge of commercial agriculture is preferred. The position requires the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing or related field plus a minimum of four years’ experience working in promotions, outreach or marketing through both traditional and online mediums. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can use creative means to advance NCAT’s mission and have experience in collaborative efforts with diverse partners. Excellent communication skills, including public speaking, writing, editing and research skills are very important in this position. Preference will be given to applicants with background and experience in agriculture, energy and rural development. Some travel will be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment and passion for the NCAT mission;
- Understanding of non-profit organizational structure;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Robust writing and editing skills;
- Thorough understanding of promoting work on social media and web platforms;
- Commitment to customer service and community engagement;
- Ability to develop new concepts through curiosity, creativity, and problem solving;
- Adaptability and willingness to be flexible;
- Aptitude to optimize content and technology.
- Work directly with senior management and project specialists to drive awareness of NCAT and its mission;
- Increase the visibility and understanding of NCAT’s mission;
- Develop sales, marketing and social media materials;
- Strengthen relationships with current partners and communities, and initiate new partnerships and/or projects of mutual interest;
- Promote content through traditional media, social media and other digital mediums;
- Create advertising schedules, placement and budgets for advertising and promotional materials in traditional and social media;
- Compile, track and analyze promotional efforts, and report progress to management;
- Work with the communications team to maintain an inventory of photos, artwork, videos and other materials necessary for the preparation of marketing materials;
- Seek out opportunities to create connections between NCAT and communities we serve;
- Plan and execute outreach activities that support NCAT needs and objectives;
- Assist with event planning;
- Maintain an understanding of the latest digital marketing trends;
- Creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content;
- Plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a salary range from $32,000 – $38,000 annually depending on skills, qualifications, and experience. Excellent benefits include paid leave, holidays, health insurance, 401(k), life insurance, Long Term Disability, dental and vision plan options, and a pleasant office environment in which to work.
Applications will be accepted through June 22, 2018 or until suitable candidates can be identified. Early applications are encouraged and applications will be considered as they are received. All persons interested in being considered for the position must submit a cover letter highlighting their experience and skills relevant to the listed qualifications, a current resume and a completed NCAT application form. Requests for an NCAT application form and inquires about the application process should be directed to Kriss Sullivan. Incomplete applications or reference on the application to “see resume” will not be considered. Applicants can visit NCAT’s homepage at www.ncat.org for a gateway to websites and projects developed by NCAT staff. Send completed application materials to:
NCAT Human Resource Specialist
P.O. Box 3838
Butte, MT 59702
NCAT values diversity and encourages minority and women applicants to apply.
It is NCAT’s policy and organizational philosophy to ensure that all of our employment practices, including recruitment and hiring, are administered for all individuals without regard to race, sex, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.