NCAT is seeking an experienced senior manager to serve as Deputy Director. This position would report to the Executive Director and have both internal and external responsibilities, ranging from project development and management (partnership development, high quality project deliverables) to administration, and human capital. The Deputy Director will partner closely with the Executive Director and other senior managers to chart NCAT’s growth and strategic response to demands for the organization’s services.
NCAT is a private non-profit organization whose work includes nationally recognized projects in food, agriculture, and energy. Our programs include ATTRA, the national sustainable agriculture information service, and the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program Clearinghouse (LIHEAP). The position will be located in NCAT’s Headquarters Office in Butte, Montana. Telecommuting is not an option. Applicants must be willing to travel.
The position requires the equivalent of a MA/MS degree in Agriculture, Energy, Sustainability, Environmental Studies, Business Management, Engineering or other science-based field, plus a minimum of seven years of professional senior management experience, including personnel and project management. Applicants must have experience working in a non-profit, government sector or foundation at the senior level. The position also requires a proven track record of delivering superior results in leadership roles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to the NCAT mission;
- A thorough understanding of non-profit organizational structure from board of directors to staff roles;
- A thorough understanding of finance, and broad experience with a full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, IT and human resources;
- Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people;
- Be a team builder who is able to connect to staff both on the individual level and in larger groups;
- Capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower leaders from the bottom-up, and lead from the top down, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the teams, putting people in a position to succeed;
- Ability to think strategically, have strategic vision and anticipate future consequences and trends in order to incorporate them into the organizational plan;
- Proven success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities, as well as ability to work with efficiency, flexibility and good humor.
- Ability to promote NCAT’s mission and work, while operating with excellence in mind, and have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a self-starter, have spark, imagination, creativity and remain focused in the face of pressure, and not be intimated by tasks, timelines and limitations.For a complete list of responsibilities for this position, and to access the application form, visit https://www.ncat.org/deputy-director/.