Call or contact your local Farm Service Agency today!
No, the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) is not food for the nation’s hungry, but rather assistance for the nation’s food producers. Details of how U.S. farmers can apply for this assistance are still scarce, but the most important message is to begin the process ASAP if you are a farmer who has experienced a loss due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Here is a way to contact your local Farm Service Agency (FSA) office which will be implementing this program:
You must make a phone call to your local FSA office to start the process.
Direct support for farmers and ranchers available via CFAP will include:
- Direct support based on actual losses because of price and disrupted supply chains.
- Assist with adjustment and added marketing costs resulting from lost demand and short-term oversupply in the 2020 marketing year.
CFAP is available to farmers regardless of size and market outlet, if they suffered an eligible loss. Disruption to markets and demand may be significant and the USDA is already warning that these payments may only cover a portion of the impacts on farmers and ranchers.
PARTICULARLY IF YOU HAVE NOT USED FSA PROGRAMS IN THE PAST, GET READY BY COLLECTING:
BE PREPARED TO FILL OUT POSSIBLY THE FOLLOWING SIX (6) FORMS.
DO NOT SEND FORMS WITHOUT FIRST CONTACTING YOUR LOCAL FSA OFFICE
- CCC-901 (Español) If applicable, this certification reports income from farming, ranching, and forestry, for those exceeding the adjusted gross income limitation ($900,000)
- CCC-941 (Español) Reports your average adjusted gross income for programs where income restrictions apply.
- CCC-942 If applicable, this certification reports income from farming, ranching, and forestry, for those exceeding the adjusted gross income limitation ($900,000)
- AD1026 (Español) Ensures compliance with highly erodible land conservation and wetland conservation
- AD2047 Provides basic customer contact information
- SF3881 Collects your banking information to allow USDA to make payments to you via direct deposit
As with all emergency assistance, there will be those that are more prepared then others and getting in line as early as possible is to your advantage.
Contact ATTRA for Help
If you need help contact us here at ATTRA as we are always ready to help.
- Call our toll-free ATTRA helpline (U.S. only)
800-346-9140 (English) 8 a.m. to 5 p.m Central Time
800-411-3222 (Español) 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time
- Ask online, using the green chat box at the bottom of the ATTRA webpage.
- Via email to email@example.com